From Fixjunk Wiki
This is adapted from a recipe in an older cookbook. I'm altering it from theirs so I wont bother crediting the book.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs until slightly foamy.
- Sift together dry ingredients
(flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder)
- Add dry mixture and yogurt/milk mixture alternately to beaten eggs.
- Add melted butter to mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour mix into iron to fill the center about 3/4 the way across the iron.
- Close the iron and follow waffle iron cooking directions or wait until steam has stopped
DO NOT OPEN THE IRON DURING COOKING!
- Loosen the waffle with a fork and serve hot.
Makes about 3 large waffles.
A simple fruit compote goes great on top.
Don't add butter to eat.
cinnamon and powdered sugar?